North East property company supports outstanding Newcastle hospice
Supporting Marie Curie
A North East chartered surveyors and estate agents has generously donated enough money to provide specialist support to a Newcastle hospice for a full day.
Bradley Hall, which operates from its new head office at Grey’s Monument, Newcastle, has donated over £6,500 to the Marie Curie Hospice Newcastle, supporting 24 hours of care.
The donation, which was made by Bradley Hall through the Marie Curie ‘Pay for a Day’ scheme, provides 60% of the daily running costs for the hospice, while the remaining 40% is provided by the NHS.
The donation was put towards specialist care for both patients and visitors with a terminal illness, including fees for nursing, doctors, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and counsellors, food costs, activities and general running costs for the building.
As well as receiving regular medical care, daily routines for patients include freshly cooked meals, visits to the garden café, specialist exercise sessions, arts and crafts, time with their families and loved ones and counselling.
Neil Hart, director at Bradley Hall, said: “Marie Curie does such a fantastic job of taking care of people with terminal illnesses and their families, and we wanted to give something back.
“We feel very grateful that we are in the position to support such an important charity with a full day of care for dozens of people. We know that the hospice and its staff provide a high standard of care, so we hope the donation helps Marie Curie to deliver that to people who need it most.”
The donation comes in the same week as the company’s expansion to larger offices at 1 Hood Street, Newcastle, following staff, client and service growth.
Marie Curie has been assisting people in the region for over 50 years, working closely with GP practices, local hospitals and other healthcare organisations to provide specialist medical end of life care. Most recently the healthcare watchdog The Care Quality Commission (CQC) found the Marie Curie Hospice, Newcastle outstanding for being effective, caring and well led.
The Newcastle hospice cares for and supports around 1,000 people with a terminal illness, and their families, a year. Donations and fundraising helps to fund 24 hour care for those staying at the hospice, as well as around 20 visitors a day who attend clinics and support sessions.
AddressFind my address
New PasswordPasswords do not match, please try again. Save Profile